Friday, June 23, 2006

 

Salivating All Night Long

Because I have to be at work at 5 a.m., I typically do not go out on weeknight. Last night, however, was an exception. After I went for my 5 mile run (details later in the post) I received a call from a friend asking if I would like to be added to the guest list for the Saliva show at The Varsity in Baton Rouge. For those of you who don't know, Saliva is a very popular modern rock band. They hit the radio with their first single around 2001 and have been churning out hit after hit ever since.

Needless to say, I went. They rocked the stage, even throwing in a little montage with crowd participation of "Shout! Shout! Let it all out!" It was kind of weird for a rock band, but they made it work. The show wrapped up around 12:30 a.m. and I headed home.

My surprise of the night was seeing the old program director for the rock station I used to DJ on, Rock 93.7 in Baton Rouge. Paul Cannell is a truly great guy and gave me my first break in FM radio. He moved to Richmond, Va. to program a classic rock station (and live on the beach) about a year and a half ago. He was in town visiting some friends and I bumped into him at the show. It was great to see him and catch up.

Earlier in the evening after the show, I ran 5 miles. I did a great job of pacing myself. For me to meet my goal of 4:20:00 in the New York City Marathon, I would have to keep a 10 min/mile pace. So, for a 5 mile run, I would have to run it in 50 mins. I ran it last night in 49:00! That is so encouraging because I will only get stronger as I train and I am already ahead of pace and schedule. This is going to be a tremendous even and I will do Baton Rouge, Louisiana proud. Keep coming back!

Peace!

Comments:
Save time for the FUN ---

AFTER THE RUN

If I overdosed on fun, I sometimes weirded out on the run.

Kermit :) :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?