Thursday, June 22, 2006

 

Time Well Spent

The past 24-hours has truly been productive. As I continue my preparation for the New York City Marathon, Wednesday was a cross-training day. I went to the gym about 8 am after I left my morning job (yes, I left my morning job at 7am) and rode the stationary bike. The idea is to work the lactic acid out of my muscles that has built up from overworking them. After the bike ride, I did about 30 minutes of weight training, mostly upper-body work.

After the workout, I spent about 15 minutes in the whirlpool. I know it sounds typical and sort of mundane, but it is absolutely necessary to continuously use different methods of therapy to keep my body healthy. It is completely unnatural to put your body through the type of physical punishment required to run 26.2 miles, so allowing for and speeding up recovery time is essential.

Since I began training 2 and 1/2 weeks ago, I have lost 9 pounds. I was pretty psyched about my progress, so I decided to treat myself to a dinner with my friends at the Mellow Mushroom. I ate a "Mighty Meaty" and it was fantastic.

This morning when I left work I went to my parents house to visit my grandma who is in town for the week. She is absolutely an angel. I brought her a Bacon/Egg/Cheese McGriddle from McDonald's -- her favorite breakfast treat in the world! We drank coffee and ate breakfast and just talked for two hours. It was great to just relax and spend time together.

Tonight after the show, I am running 5-6 miles at the LSU lakes. If you are a runner, see you out there! Gotta get ready for my 8 mile run Saturday. I'll keep you posted.

Peace!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?