Thursday, July 20, 2006

 

OK, OK, Here's a New One!

Many apologies to everyone who has been looking on a daily basis at my blog hoping, praying, yearning for a new post and seeing merely the same headline over and over again. So, here is an update that comes with a pledge: I will update my blog daily from here on (with allowable exceptions for busy days).

Last night was fantastic! I went to dinner with my family for my sister's 22nd birthday. We ate at TJ's Ribs -- my favorite restaurant! Surprisingly, I was the only one of the six people at the table who ordered the ribs--amazing! I guess I really blew my training diet by eating the rack of ribs, fries, baked beans, a beer and of course, cheesecake! Aside from making the world's greatest babyback ribs, they make one helluva cheesecake. I was stuffed to the point where I had to sway in my chair trying to get some of the, er...., build-up back up and out (No, I didn't spew).

Needless to say, running this morning was a challenge. I only had to do about a half-hour, but after a night of binge eating, that is not as easy as it sounds. I went out to the LSU lakes around 8am. It was at about 8:03 when I realized this was going to be a very challenging run. At mile 2 my quads (big muscle on the front of your leg above the knee) were killing me! I had to take a little walk there, but made it through the 5K run. Saturday is the first really long run. We are going to hit between 10 and 11 miles. I am so pumped, though! It's time to test my mettle and see how far I really have progressed. Stay tuned to this blog and I will keep you posted.

Peace!

Comments:
glad to know you can expedite your extraneous gases as it were...
 
what happened to you? where are you? ed is not good without you...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?