Thursday, August 03, 2006

 

Yes, I'm Still Alive

So my pledge to update daily about three weeks ago didn't really pan out. That was primarily because that's when I knew for sure the show would be moving from 1550am back to 1300am in the morning and that I would not be a part of the move (tear).

To all of the Ed Buggs Show's loyal listeners who have asked where I am, thank you very much for your thoughts and kind e-mails and calls. Here's a brief explanation: While working with Ed on the afternoon show, I also held a morning job writing for a national news wire and anchoring radio newscasts for another station in Baton Rouge. When Ed decided to move the show to mornings, I obviously had a conflict. While I love both jobs, I had to make a decision that I felt was best for me and would allow me the greatest opportunity. I chose to stay on with my other job.

I really do miss the action of a live daily news talk broadcast. It had become a part of my life for the last three years. There aren't many certainties in life, but I knew where I would be everyday at 2 p.m. and that you would be there listening. There is a certain level of comfort that goes along with that. Anyway, I will continue writing this blog no matter what and if Ed chooses to keep a link to it on his website, that is great too!

Quickly to catch you up on my training for the New York City Marathon: The race is Nov. 5 and I am up to 11 miles. I am still about a week ahead of schedule with my training. Saturday morning I will be running a half-marathon at the LSU lakes (13.1 miles)!!! Get excited! If you want to come stand along the course and hand me Powerade and sweat towels, that would be fabulous! I won't hold my breath, though.

Last weekend I went to Atlanta to visit my brother. I left Thursday morning after work and stayed through Sunday. He is teaching at Holy Spirit Prep, which I relate to the school from the TV show "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" where the kids wear coats to school with the school crest on the pocket. REALLY upscale. I also got to visit a few of the hang-out places and even played a round of golf (Random Note: I shot my best round ever at 103! I know that is awful, but I have only been playing for a few months and have been seeing real improvement).

As for work, my job search for a full-time gig in a bigger market continues. I will keep you posted. Just keep praying for me, and drop me a line if you ever feel like it.

Peace!

Comments:
thanks for updating us...I think Ed was leaving it up to you to fill us in, as he did not answer my email. Please keep posting and letting us know where to hear you on radio next!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?