Friday, February 02, 2007

 

Possible Name Change?

pUpon recommendation from my friend, Ski, I am considering changing the name to "Matt's No-So-Daily Blog". I get that I have been a bit sporadic with the posting, but I don't enjoy writing a bunch of crap about nothing and I am sure you don't enjoy reading it. Anyway, I am trying to give you substance. Geez!

This week has been pretty fantastic. It's one of those weeks where you wake up in the morning to your alarm clock going off at 5a.m., it's raining, your dog is hogging 3/4 of the bed and all you can do is just smile because you're so damn happy. That is my life right now. There is a lot of uncertainty as to where I will be --physically and professionally-- in the next two years, months or even weeks, but I can honestly say I am not worried about it.

I know after I ran the 2005 Marine Corps Marathon in DC I said that I was done running forever. Then my cousin asked me to run the Cleveland Half-Marathon with her, so I did. Then I said they only way I would ever run another marathon is if I was selected in the lottery to run the NYC Marathon. I was and I did. That was it, right? Ummm ....

Here we go again.

I began training this week for the Atlanta Half-Marathon that is coming up in a couple of months, with my sights on a much bigger goal. I have quickened my pace from 10 minutes (DC) to 9 minutes (NYC) to now 8 minutes with the goal of completing the 2007 Chicago Marathon in under 4 hours. If I do that then I would have completed the three largest marathons in the world and then maybe, just maybe, I can hang up my running shoes (at least competitively). That is until I feel motivated enough to qualify for Boston. Although, that may have to wait until I'm 60.

Also this week, I had my very first taste of crawfish this season. I went to the ONLY place in BR for crawfish: Atchafalaya Seafood. What's that? Never heard of it? That's because it is a tiny place located on North Foster after you cross over Choctaw. Yeah, I don't blame you for not going out there. It's a rough area. But, it is soooo worth it for the crawfish. Buggs turned me on to them when we were still working at Citadel back in Spring '05. They are the burn-your-tongue-take-a-sip-of-beer-after-every-bite-clear-your-sinuses good kind of crawfish. Seriously, try them! But call ahead because you don't want to make that drive and have them run out when you get there (I know from experience).

This weekend is the Super Bowl. Go Colts! I'm rooting for Peyton, who has always been a favorite of mine. But, considering my experience in Chicago for the NFC Championship Game (see previous post) I have a newfound hatred of the Bears and must cheer for their demise. I'm saying Colts 38, Bears 27. You heard it here first!

Hopefully, I will find time to put something down here this weekend, but if not, I will give a Super Bowl recap Monday.

Peace

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?