Tuesday, February 06, 2007

 

Why Must I Go

I had a fantastic weekend! (as if you cared) The Colts won the Super Bowl (more on that later), I spent a lot of quality time with family and I was able to begin fulfilling a dream of mine b producing a song.

Here's the story: Back in high school, my friend Ski wrote a song called "Why Must I Go". I have literally heard him play and sing this song dozens of times at parties and at impromptu jam sessions, but it never crossed my consciousness more than that. Well, recently I became involved with a digital entertainment marketing company called Burn Lounge. While major record labels and movie studios are making their content available through this site, it is unique in that it gives independent artists a forum to sell their music as well.

Anyway, I was kind of meditating one day and a thought just popped into my head: We could sell "Why Must I Go"! It is kind of weird how great ideas are so many times right under our nose, but we just never take notice. I got to thinking that I could collaborate with my friend Dave who is a dynamo on drums and also plays bass guitar, and we could probably produce a special track and sell it through Burn Lounge for 99-cents. Well, Saturday Dave and I met for the first time to brainstorm and do some editing. Exhilarating! I was actually working to produce a song. A real song that we will record in a studio and attempt to sell.

We worked for about six hours and made some real progress. We even have some really good ideas about putting a piano solo and some cool harmonies in the song as well. As for a release date, Ski is scheduled to come home in April, so I guess we will get in the studio and record then and hopefully it will be release about a month later. Stay tuned for updates!

As for the Super Bowl, for previously-mentioned reasons, I was rooting 100% for the Colts in the game. When Devin Hester returned the opening kickoff 92 yards for the TD for the Bears, the first words out of my mouth were "National Championship Game." Ohio State did the same thing in returning the opening kick for a score ... and then proceeded to get manhandled. Pretty much the same result here. Peyton Manning was efficient. Rex Grossman was awful (4 turnovers). And the Colts got a Super Bowl win, 29-17. Hooray! My prediction was 38-27. Not a bad prediction. Perhaps if not for the rain it would have come true.

Also coming true might be my long-awaited plan to move to Atlanta. I am leaving tomorrow after work to drive there for an interview Thursday and Friday. Details are sketchy now, but I will give more info when I have it. If I have some down time when I am there, I will try to post to let you know how it is going.

Peace!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?