Friday, May 26, 2006

 

Knuckle-Suckin' Good!

Mmmmmm Mmmmmmm!!!! What a treat I had today for lunch. I drove Ed to his mom's house to pick up her car since his in in the shop and on the way back to the studio, we stopped at a Baton Rouge tradition -- Delpit's Chicken Shack. If you have never been, do yourself a favor and go ... now! I enjoyed the fried chicken lunch plate special with macaroni and cheese, candied yams and a roll. Ed had the same, except he chose the baked chicken. Needless to say, I am ready for a nap. Just get me through these next four hours and then a three-day weekend awaits!

Speaking of the weekend, it's going to be a good one. I have a golf lesson tonight at 7:30. I am in NO WAY a golfer. I sort of picked it up during the fall when my grandfather was staying with my parents after being flooded by Katrina. It was a great way for us to spend time together. Since his home has been renovated and he headed back to New Orleans, I really haven't played. But, tonight I guess I will start. I have the lesson and then tomorrow my dad and I are going to play around 3 p.m.

Before I go sweat and swing for 18 holes of golf, I am heading to the Baton Rouge Beach at the LSU lakes to get a 6 mile run in. My former co-worker and fellow Citadel snubee Richard Condon and I still run regularly together after we trained for and completed the Marine Corps Marathon in D.C. last October. We have both entered the lottery for the New York City Marathon next November, so we are keeping our fingers crossed and hoping we get in. If you ar ein town and want to take part in the funniest hour of running ever, come to the Lakes at 8 a.m. and meet Richard and me.

As for the rest of the Memorial Day weekend, who knows? I will probably just relax. I might catch a movie or look for a house. Maybe I'll just sleep. SLEEP IS GOOD!!!

Happy Memorial Day!

Peace!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?