Tuesday, May 23, 2006

 

The President is Going to Prison!!!

Wipe the saliva from your mouth, Bush haters; I'm talking about fictitional President Charles Logan from the Fox TV series "24." I have long maintained it is the single greatest show on television today. It has everything: drama, action, politics, comedy -- everything! And the greatest part is the producers are not afraid to send the show down a plot twist the audience would never expect.

Monday night's season finale was certainly no exception. The season began with one President being assassinated and ended with another going to prison for conspiring in his murder. Sound far fetched? Maybe. But it sure is one helluva entertaining ride. Oh, and did I mention the hero that saves the country from terrorists and brings down a sitting president -- CTU agent Jack Bauer -- is captured by the Chinese government and sailed away on a cargo ship only moments after the season (we thought) had come to a happy resolution. All I can say is January 2007 can't come soon enough!

And as the Fox Network continues their ratings domination, the final performance of season 5 of American Idol is tonight. The head of the Soul Patrol, Taylor Hicks, squares off with sultry songstress Katharine McPhee. I think Katharine most resembles an American Idol, but Taylor's support has been consistent all season. If he has a good night, Joe Cocker will be smiling down tomorrow as Talyor Hicks is crowned this year's American Idol on stage at the historic Kodak Theater in Hollywood. I'll admit it, as an Elton John fan, Hicks had my vote in week 1 when he sang "Levon" and nailed it! I am still a closet member of the "Soul Patrol" but I guess I can go ahead and admit it now.

While I will be watching tonight, it is unlikely I will be watching on my new TV. I have yet to buy a stand for it, so my 46'' Samsung DLP is still sitting in its box at my house. I tried to shop around and price a few stands, but couldn't really find anything at a lower price than the stand that is made for the TV -- $219.00!! How absurd! Oh well, at least it looks good. Hopefully, I will be watching the finale Wednesday in spectacular HD! Look for pictures to be posted at edbuggs.com

Peace!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?