Monday, May 15, 2006

 

Six Days 'Til Cleveland!

I must be out of my mind! After completing the Marine Corps Marathon last October in Washington, D.C., I told myself I was finished with distance running. If you have met me, you know I am no Kenyan -- I played offensive line on my high school football team. Some people glide, but I plod. The human body is not meant to go through that kind of intense physical activity, and my body reminds me of it every time I run. But, Sunday at 7 a.m. I will be running in the RiteAid Cleveland Half-Marathon. The half is only 13.1 miles. I should finish in around 2:10 ... that's two hours and ten minutes. I am a little nervous because I have only trained for 6 weeks, whereas for the marathon I trained for 6 months! I am feeling fairly confident after a 12 mile run Saturday down River Road and through Audubon Park in New Orleans. It really was a gorgeous day to be outside. Unfortunatly, I can't say the same for the forecast in Cleveland Sunday. It's supposed to be rainy with temps in the mid-50s. Like I said: I must be out of my mind! It does feel great to be participating in competitive sports again. Having a goal and working hard to achieve it is truly one of the greatest feelings in the world. Keep checking back for updates as we move closer to race day!

The show today should be a good one. We will certainly be talking about the President's speech tonight as well as the third Duke Lacrosse player being indicted. And, the BIG NEWS we have been waiting for, today is the launch of the NEW edbuggs.com! It's gonna be a great show. Don't forget to join us at 2 p.m. CST.

Peace!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?