Thursday, May 25, 2006

 

SOUL PATROL Takes the Title!

It was only fitting that the first sound out of Taylor Hicks' mouth after Ryan Seacrest announced him the new American Idol was his trademarked, "Woooo". Fox dominated the ratings during a star-studded event that included Prince, Mary J. Blige, Toni Braxton, Carrie Underwood, Clay Aiken and all of the top Idols from this season. Despite a two-hour program leading up to the three minutes of results and confetti following, the time flew by. I commend Fox for not making the show appear to be nothing more than two hours of filler content.

I watched at home on my new TV with my friends Rachael and Ski. Ski had never watched Idol before, and I am not sure what he thought. I think he was just in it for the free beer and pizza. We had Rotolo's, by the way (excellent!).

And the icing on th cake was the LSU beat 'Bama in their first game of the SEC tournament and the Yankees beat the Sox to take 2 of 3 in their series. I am a big MLB fan, and I love the Yankees (thank dad for that). So, as the season progresses, you can bet I'll be talking a good deal about that. As for LSU baseball, if they manage to win a few more games in this tourney maybe their 20-year streak of hosting regionals will continue. Otherwise, we can kiss that piece of history goodbye.

The all new edbuggs.com is looking great! And, there are BIG changes coming in the near future. Ed and I were in a meeting this morning with Chris and Bo from Click Here Publishing to talk about it. Now, I can't give it all away yet, but we are working hard for you to be able to enjoy edbuggs.com more and more every time you visit.

That was cool ... we are in the 3 p.m. hour of the show talking about Enron right now, and as we came out of the break I just plugged my blog ... yes, THIS blog that you are reading right now. How's that for instant gratification?

Peace!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?