Tuesday, May 16, 2006

 

This is gonna look much better on my 46''

So, if you haven't hear yet, I really splurged on myself this weekend. I bought a Samsung 46'' DLP flat screen television, and I could not be more excited! Football season will never have looked so good. But, that is still four months away, so until then watching American Idol on it will have to suffice -- yes, I readily admit I am one of the 30 million suckers tuning in ever Tuesday and Wednesday waiting with baited breath to see who will get booted next. The show starts in 5 minutes, so this post might be a little short.

The show was great today -- and before you even ask, yes, there are days when I think otherwise. It was just a strong news day with great topics. Of course, President Bush's address to the nation last night regarding immigration policies was our 5 p.m. story. Ed and I disagree on this one. While we both favor shutting down the border and mass deportation of ilegals, I don't think Bush is to blame for all of our problems. Remember, no past administration had done anything either. It's kind of like past presidents saw an oncomiong train and didn't do anything about it because they knew they would be out of its path by the time it arrived -- it turns out Bush just happened to be in office when the issue exploded! I wish he would support legislation to begin rounding them up, but he isn't and no president is likely to do so.

Cleveland is 5 days and counting. I rested today to let my legs heal, but I will be back running tomorrow. I will give you a full report tomorrow.

I hear the Idol theme music. Gotta run!

Peace!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?