Thursday, May 18, 2006

 

Where Does This Thing Go?

What a long day! And it's not even 1 o'clock. This is my third week anchoring morning radio newscasts on a Baton Rouge station, so my days start early. I roll out of bed around 4:30 a.m., throw on some clean clothes and ride into the station envying normal people who are still asleep at that hour. Who am I kidding? I love my job(s).

Usually, I am able to catch a quick nap after I finish anchoring around 9 a.m. before I head in to Ed's show, but not today. I recently moved, but left some of my belongings with my roomate instead of putting them in storage. Well, he called me this morning and said they had to be out -- now! It is absolutely stunning how much junk we accumulate and never throw away. Three carloads of whatever, half a tank of gas and two caramel lattes later, I am running on fumes. But -- if you will excuse my grammar -- there ain't no stoppin' me! The most exciting four hours of my day are when Ed and I are on air. We have a duty to bring our listeners the most exciting, hard-hitting, entertaining talk radio each and every day, and not even a little sleep deprivation will keep me from doing just that.

In other news, I am SHOCKED Elliot Yamin was booted off of American Idol. I guess a great voice will only compensate for so much (If you are unaware, much has been made of his pointy ears, bad teeth and overall lack of personality). So, it's Taylor and Katharine in the finals next week.

I leave for Cleveland in two days and am really pumped! I have not run at all this week, but I am still confident. I will get a light jog in this evening and that's it before the half marathon Sunday. My stamina is there, I just need to save my legs and kee hydrating now. If you think about it, say a little prayer for me Sunday around 7 a.m. I may need it!

Peace!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?