Friday, June 02, 2006

 

Damn Yankees!

I was tired yesterday. To quote former NFL All-Pro receiver Michael Irvin on ESPN's NFL countdown last year, "I am T-I-RED!" Despite chugging through morning newscasts and a four hour afternoon drive talk show, I had more to do. Tonight is a friend's wedding an I will be playing their first dance song on guitar while another guy sings. We pretty much have it down, but felt we could practice one more time. So, I waited last night ... and waited ... and waited ... and waited for him to call so we could meet up and get it done. While I was waiting I was watching my beloved New York Yankess play the Detroit Tigers on ESPN. It was looking great! The Yanks were going for a four-game sweep of the best team in baseball and they were leading 6-0 in the 4th!

My, how things change. Before I could blink it was 6-5 in the bottom of the 9th. Scott Proctor had stopped the bleeding for the Yanks and stifled the Detroit bats. As long as I live, I will never understand why a coach or manager pulls a pitcher who is befuddling hitters just to bring in a closer. With Mariano Rivera out with an injury, Joe Torre pulls Proctor and brings in Kyle Farnsworth. I hated him with the Cubs and I hate him now that he's with the Yanks. I don't care if you chunk it 97 mph, if you suck, you suck. Farnsworth sucks! A walk and two hits later and the Yanks lose 7-6. I cursed so loudly, the neighbors came running over to make sure I was ok. Seriously. I get wayyy into sports. At least I can admit it, but I'll never change.

So, my night got even worse as I kept waiting. Finally, Devin rolls up to practice around 10 p.m. Keep in mind I have been awake since 4 a.m. and only slept for about three hours the night before. We practice, all is well, and I go to sleep.

Today has been a much better day. I ran four miles this morning, got a haircut (I have given up trying to hide my receding hairline ... the next step is just to shave it bald), and am ready for the wedding tonight. Also, my brother is coming in town from Los Angeles for the weekend. Should be good times.

Peace

Comments:
As I read you blog, I think of the words of a good man...

"You're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered with hair."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?