Thursday, June 01, 2006

 

Me Need Sleepy

I love to watch movies. I am a fan of all genres, but I especially love "Stupid Comedy" movies with actors such as Jim Carey, Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, Will Ferrell etc ... If you have seen the Farley classic Tommy Boy you will recall the scene where Tommy (played by Chris Farley) is trying to sleep at a motel when co-star Richard (David Spade) keeps knocking on the door. Tommy, thinking it is the maid, says, "Me need sleepy!" That's how I feel today.

I am not really looking for any sympathy, but my job(s) require me to work odd hours and find sleep when I can. That being said, staying out until 2 a.m. for a friend's birthday celebration last night, then waking up at 4:30 a.m. to anchor morning radio newscasts at 6 could lead to a looooong day. I did manage to snag about an hour of naptime before I came into Ed's show today, but I am still searching for my second wind.

If today's show is anything like yesterday's, though, I shouldn't have any problem at all staying interested. From the ongoing saga with Rep. William Jefferson to quizzing Ed with words from the Scripps National Spelling Bee, Wednesday's show was definitely one to remember. We are still working to put today's lineup together ... ok, Ed is mostly working to put it together as I write this blog and sip on my Coke ICEE (nothing like the coldest drink in ton when it's 95 degrees outside).

I know we are going to be talking about whether or not LSU should fire its baseball coach Smoke Laval. If you are unaware, for the first time in 18 years, LSU failed to make it to an NCAA regional. We had hosted one every year since 1990. Basically, LSU baseball with its 5 national titles in 10 years is akin to UCLA is basketball in the 70s, Nebraska football, the New York Yankees ... you get the picture. FANS EXPECT TO WIN ... A LOT! I used to be Laval's biggest supporter, but with attendance dropping and a "don't care" attitude from the players all season, I say it's time for him to go. Our once dominant program has been relegate to "also ran" status. Players are a direct reflection of their coach's leadership, and that is not a flattering statement for Smoke Laval. Get him out! I realize he is not Skip Bertman -- no one ever will be. But, as a program with 5 national titles, we can do better.

Peace

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?