Tuesday, January 16, 2007

 

Jack Is Back!

Simply put, it is the greatest show on TV. If you are not a fan of "24" then you have never seen it. Period. Season 6 of the Fox action/drama kicked off Sunday with a two-hour premier followed by another two hours Monday night. If you are unfamiliar with how the show works, basically the entire season is one day and each episode is one hour real time of that day. During the course of the day, the Los Angeles Counter Terrorism Unit (CTU) led by Agent Jack Bauer learn of a terror plot unfolding and they must use their resources to stop it.

I know what many of you are probably thinking, because I probably thought it at first too: we have seen crime dramas like this before. Trust me, you haven't. The writers never write an entire season before filming -- instead, they change as they go to allow the plot to continue unfolding and to allow for twists and turns that are mind-boggling. There has never been a show with such a propensity to kill off main characters, either. The first scene of Season 5 was a former President and main character being shot in the neck while looking out of his hotel room window. I could literally write a book about this (and maybe I will) but for now, just do yourself a favor and start watching. It truly is must-see-TV.

Next Monday, I will have to set my DVR to record "24" because I will be in the air on my way home from Chicago. That's right! I booked my trip yesterday to the Windy City to watch the New Orleans Saints earn their first ever trip to the Super Bowl. I will be travelling with longtime Baton Rouge radio personality Richard Condon and his son Ryan, who are both very good friends of mine. Although I have been to Chicago dozens of times, I have never been to Soldier Field. So, I am greatly anticipating seeing a game in one of the true cathedrals of professional sport, especially a game with so much on the line. It should be cold, too, so I am going to go shopping for some thermals.
(Random Note: If you needed further proof that the Saints are a team of destiny, just look at the weather. Not 36 hours ago, it was in the 70s in south Louisiana. Now, it is near freezing, with the wind chill in the upper-20s. What does this mean? It means the Saints can practice all this week in conditions that will mirror the gametime forecast in Chicago. Also, Saints QB Drew Brees player college ball at Purdue, so he will certainly be used to throwing in cold conditions. EVEN GLOBAL WARMING TOOK A BREAK TO HELP THE SAINTS!)

I will keep you up to date on my trip this week as more details unfold, and be sure to look for my update one week from today when I return home from Chicago.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?