Friday, January 12, 2007

 

The Saints Are Coming!

Let me give you a brief catch-up, since my last post was seemingly in 1997. I am still writing and anchoring news for Sunny 103.3 in the mornings in Baton Rouge. You can hear me every half hour between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. Also, from time to time, I stick my head in Ed's studio during the morning show to "shoot the bull", fill time or fill in for Boozilla, who apparently likes to sleep in and is frequently running late.

Anyhoo, I'm not sure that I could be more fired-up that I am today. We are just over 24 hours from kickoff of the Saints-Eagles Divisional Playoff game in the Superdome. For the record, let it be known that the two teams I despise more than any other are, in order: Atlanta Falcons, and Philadelphia Eagles (if we're talking all sports, then Boston Red Sox easily top my list of pro teams). If you have been back inside the Superdome this season, you know the atmosphere is unlike it has ever been for a Saints game, at least in my memory and I have been attending games since the early '80s. Whereas fans used to boo incessantly and chant phrases like "Same Old Saints" and "Why do I keep renewing my season tickets!?", this year that skepticism that has plagued this organization's teams and fans has been replaced with optimism. Winning truly is an attitude and this Saints team and its fans expect to win when it takes the field. It will be no different tomorrow night. The crowd (yours truly, included) will be good and liquored-up and at our South-Louisiana-Crazy-Cajun finest. I don't bet, but I am considering it for this game. I told Ed on the radio this week, there is no sure thing in sports, but the Saints winning tomorrow is about as close as it gets. Trust me, this will be a victory to remember forever.

Also, my beloved alma mater, the LSU Tigers, dismantled the team I loathe above all teams in all sports on all levels, the Notre Dame Fightin' Irish. Let me explain: My brother has not one, but two degrees from Notre Dame. Out of high school, that was my number one choice for school. I got into 5 of the 6 school I applied to. Guess which one rejected me? Well, my never-say-die attitude led me to Holy Cross College--a small feeder school for ND--in South Bend where I earned a 3.95 GPA over two semesters and re-applied to ND. Rejected again. Screw them forever. And not just because I didn't get into school there, but because of the pompous attitude the students have (which I witnessed first hand for a year) and the holier-than-thou pricks that run the place. Seriously, if you have any delusions that Notre Dame is the most magical place on earth, wake up, Pinnochio! It's a Bubble, filled with arrogant A-Holes who think they are better than you and that you should cheer for them just because they are Notre Dame. If you attended Notre Shame or have a child who did/does, do not waste your time commenting, because you are biased.

Needless to say, taunting the hell out of the student section (which amazingly was one section over from my seats) as we bombed touchdown after touchdown on them was one of the greatest feelings in the world. 41-14 are numbers that I will remember forever.

Go Saints! GEAUX TIGERS! GO enjoy your weekend!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?